Higher Than Your Ways [Devotional]

Higher Than Your Ways [Devotional]


8 "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9




We have a teenage son. Those who are and have been parents of teenagers understand our pain. All of us have been teenagers at one point or another in our lives as well. Generally speaking, teenagers feel that adults (parents specifically) do not understand what they are going through.

I tell my son time and time again that I do understand what issues he is facing. I understand the changes a boy goes through in his body. I understand what it's like to be attracted to girls. I understand the pressures of pleasing your parents. I understand the contrasting scenarios of having divorced parents. I understand what it's like to be a step-kid.

Whether he actually believes me, time will only tell.

Even though he thinks he knows everything, my son does not know nearly as much as my wife and I know. He does not know what it feels like to have your first car, rent your first apartment, own your first house, get married or know the joy when their child is born. They also do not know the struggles of finances or the concern of a sick child. All he and my other children know is that his parents are here and they will be taken care of no matter what.

God in Heaven is the same way with his children on earth. He knows what we are going through. He watches and gets concerned for us when we struggle with issues. We may feel that God doesn't understand us and has left us to fend for ourselves, but what we need to understand that He hasn't. We may not understand why certain things are allowed to happen in our lives, but we should realize that he will take care of His children no matter what.

Our Challenge Today: Are you facing a situation where you feel God will not understand what you are going through? Take heed and recognize that our Father in Heaven's ways are higher than ours, and His thoughts higher than our thoughts.

Have a blessed day my friends.
If you're interested in contacting Eric D. Bolton for any of your freelance writing needs, please contact me at ericdbolton@mail.com