Full Quiver [Devotional]

Full Quiver [Devotional]


Sons are a heritage from the Lord , children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalms 127:3-5




My wife became pregnant for the fourth time a few months after delivering our youngest son. Friends and family members would tell us that we need to stop having children. They were concerned about the health of my wife or the stress of having many children brings.

We didn't listen to them because we became pregnant about five months after my daughter was born. We didn't get as many "you need too's" or similar "concerns", but we know that is what people thought.

Even though my wife was on bed rest for most of the pregnancies, she wasn't once the children were born. Yes children stress us out, but ultimately they are a blessing and not a burden.

I try to imagine what my life would be like even without my 3 month old daughter. I can't. What about those friends or family members that didn't approve of the previous pregnancy? Do they disapprove of the child in our arms now?

No, they don't.

What people on the outside do not realize is that bed rest and stress is temporary. As is any complications that any woman or family has during pregnancy.

God says a parent is blessed to have children. I'm not the only one who is blessed; my parents are blessed, my wife's parents are blessed, everyone who has a child is blessed. That child should also know how special they are to their parents.

The bible says that children are a reward from Him. You usually get rewards when you're doing something right.

Our Challenge Today: Do you have children? Do you realize how blessed you are to have them? Let them know they are rewards from God.

Have a blessed day my friends.

If you're interested in contacting Eric D. Bolton for any of your freelance writing needs, please contact me at ericdbolton@mail.com