No Greater Joy [Devotional]

No Greater Joy [Devotional]


I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. - 3 John 4

The other night, my oldest daughter woke up not feeling well. She has had a persistent medical problem that I thought had been remedied from her medication and change of habits. The problem returned the other night and we gave her some medicine and advised her to rest on the couch.

Seeing she was in obvious pain, I knelt beside her and asked her if she wanted to pray.

She said yes.

So we prayed a prayer of healing and strength and rest. I asked her that is she believes that Jesus will heal her and she looked me in the eyes and nodded.

Plenty of times, the children pray by themselves before a meal or at bedtime. There was even one time where my oldest daughter prayed for her little brother when he was sick.

It's times like these when I smile with joy and tell my wife that we are doing something right with our children.

It is our jobs as parents to make sure that our children are walking in the truth. The foundation that we build when they are younger will hold strong the older they become. They will still experience the stresses and temptations of this world when they grow up. But when they are walking in the direction of truth from a young age, they will know what is right and what is wrong when they are faced with those challenges.

Our Challenge Today: Pray with your child, no matter how young or old. Point them down the path of truth and take joy as they walk along.
If you're interested in contacting Eric D. Bolton for any of your freelance writing needs, please contact me at ericdbolton@mail.com